Explore a truly family-friendly mix of tradition and modern Danish culture during Danish Days in Solvang. Experiencing the old-world, authentic charm of Solvang is always a great reason to visit but just in case you need a bit of a nudge, here are 10 reasons to explore Solvang this September 16 – 18!
Add up the fun with us:
- The Food! Ever-popular food events highlighting the Aebleskiver – a traditional, fantastically delicious Danish treat.
- Danish Style Beer and Wine Garden – Sip imported spirits as well as local offerings.
- Viking Encampment – Viking times brought to life through historical reenactments.
- Living History Festival – Elverhoj Museum of History & Art presents artisans, craftspeople, storytellers and interactive activities for all ages.
- Shopping – an Old World artisanal crafts marketplace and a contemporary Solvang merchant walk.
- Parades! The Torchlight Parade – be a part of this beautiful tradition with your own candles, The Children’s Parade – costumes are encouraged, and The Danish Days Parade – the Solvang Village Band, floats, equestrians, Village Dancers and more.
- Kid’s Corner – Parents, this is perfect! Snacks, beverages, games and fun in Solvang Park featuring LEGOS and a supervised Play & Rest Area.
- Hans Christian Andersen – Young and old alike will enjoy listening to hours of tales from Denmark’s favorite author impersonator.
- Concerts! The US Air Force Band of the Golden West, “Galaxy”, the Danish Days Organ Concert, and more.
- Danish Days Dinner Dance – a Danish-style barbecue followed by dancing and live music.
Topping it all off, it’s the 80th anniversary of this Danish time-honored tradition and general admission to Solvang Danish Days is free. Some featured events do charge a minimal admission. There is also an option to ‘Live Like a Viking’ with the Dane for a Day VIP Package.
Don’t miss this wonderful family opportunity. Book your hotel accommodations for Danish Days soon as availability is very limited during this popular festival. Reserve your room at the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott where you will enjoy family-friendly accommodations with the perfect blend of countryside charm and modern amenities.